Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dwarfcraft Pitch Grinder Prototype!

Here we have the prototype Pitch Grinder from Dwarfcraft. It's a sequenced pitch shifter with some serious bit-crushing going on and it's amazing. I did a little demo of it's functions and just getting different sounds out of it. This was all recorded and edited on my iPad so the audio quality certainly isn't the best but it gives you a great idea of what this thing can do. Needless to say I can't wait for their Kickstarter to get approved so I can give my money to them! Enjoy the demo, there will be more to come tomorrow (that's right EffectsWire is back and it'll be better than ever)!


Update:
After spending more time with this thing I'm quite impressed by how intuitive it is and how inspiring it can be. It probably won't be an always on type of thing but certainly is an incredibly unique effect that can work for just about any style of musician. The Pitch Grinder is a challenge, a challenge to be creative and push the boundaries of what you're currently doing. I challenge you to take the plunge and pledge to their Kickstarter, I promise you won't regret it. I did a couple recordings on my computer as well using a USB mixer and a Shure SM57. Here's a medley of Pitch Grinder sounds and an improvised noise track I did with it as well.




3 comments:

  1. This is kinda of a rip off of the nasa attribute pedal from montreal assembly. The nasa is about $200 cheaper to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correct me if I'm wrong but the Attribute is an apregiator with with only set patterns, no glide mode and they certainly do sound a little different as the Pitch Grinder is more bit crushed. Also obviously sequencers have been around for a while, just because a pedal has a similar function doesn't mean it's a rip off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete